Whistleblower hotline: (213) 785-6098
mayorsam@mayorsam.org

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

My computer was on life support.

No one wants to hear the story of how my computer crashed so badly that I had to use my old Windows 98 dinosaur, that wouldn't sync with my lcd monitor, and thus couldn't see images properly, like my cartoons that were due. I was literally locked out by the evil Kaspersky, the anti-virus I was using. (I write a little more about this on my blog, and there are a couple of visitors every week with the same problem, so it wasn't just me.)

Oh, I'll tell you anyway: after weeks of trying and buying and waiting for parts and courage, I had to buy a new hard drive, format that w/Windows XP and pretend it was my new C drive, and then circumvent the lock on my original drive C by peeking in at it as drive E, and then copying all my old files over, tediously, because I was kind of sloppy at filing, and also terrified the original spyware would take a ride back over to my new drive. (Warning: you have to disconnect the original HD from the motherboard while you format the new one, or it will wipe it, so be very careful - I had Fry's do the wires the first time. I was SO scared about losing all the images I hadn't backed up in oh, about a year.)

Well, I'll save the real news of what I was going to post for my next post, because this is already too long. I will have a cartoon up you might like.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said:

That's right. No one wants to hear about your story.

SO WHY DID YOU BOTHER TO TELL US? IT'S NOT LIKE PEOPLE ACTUALLY CLICK HERE TO READ DONNA BARSTOW!

April 08, 2009 1:12 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

That's about as interesting to listen to Phil Gender-gone.

Now that I think of it, it's MORE interesting than Phil Gendergone.

April 08, 2009 1:13 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

Donna, what's Tom LaBonge doing about the possible closing of the monastery that provides the pumpkin bread he foists on everyone? Aren't you in that neck of the woods?

April 09, 2009 5:45 PM  

Blogger Cartoons said:

Interesting question. I'll try to find out!

April 10, 2009 2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Advertisement

Advertisement