Whistleblower hotline: (213) 785-6098
mayorsam@mayorsam.org

Friday, March 14, 2008

Laurette Healey: Republican?

Well she was. Of course now Laurette Healey's a Democrat as she runs for her new party's nomination for the 40th Assembly District.

The more I think about her campaign the more I get confused as to how confused she may be. First, as a new Democrat, Healey reportedly tried to vote in the wrong Assembly District in a state party endorsement session. Then, as we reported, a video disected all kinds of confusing and crazy stuff in Healey's campaign finance reports including the fact that Healey's campaign had spent more than it brought in.

The one thing I'm not confused about is that we had heard for some time Healey used to be a Republican. And now we know for sure.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said:

Whatever. You racist homophobes on this blog are afraid of a powerful thoughtful inteligent woman like Laurette. She will win and become a very credible legislator for our community.

March 14, 2008 11:45 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

So, she changed parties. Being a republican might be fine if you lived in Ventura County or the east San Gabriel, Santa Clarita or Antelope Valley, but it really puts you in the fringe in the San Fernando Valley or the Westside.

She wants to play ball on a major league team, so why not join a party where you can actually win?

March 14, 2008 12:44 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

As a Democrat I would be leary of her commitment to social justice. Just because you like vagina on vagina does not make one progressive.

March 14, 2008 12:54 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

Does Stuart have a vagina?

March 14, 2008 1:53 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

I remember when she was a Republican. I told everyone when she ran against Dennis Zine, she most certainly was a Republican. Then I started seeing her at all the Dem meetings.

I don't care if she's gay or not. I think she's very intelligent and I would vote for her if she were in my district. I don't even care if she were a former Republican.

March 14, 2008 1:58 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

12:54, too funny.

LeEry of the vaginas, are you?

March 14, 2008 3:51 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

I would be leary as well. What's to say that this doesn't end up like polling voters? We hear exit polling is not giving reliable results.

March 14, 2008 5:54 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUbUBTlmAiA

March 14, 2008 5:56 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

I'd like to be Timothy Leary.

March 14, 2008 5:57 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

"I'd like to be Timothy Leary."

You might want to rethink that because he's like DEAD!

March 16, 2008 12:26 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

Well, I would have liked to be Timothy Leary when he was alive.

March 17, 2008 10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Advertisement

Advertisement