ZUMA DOGG TO APPEAR WITH COMMUNITY PILAR (AND WALKING NC) JOSE AGUILAR THIS THURSDAY, 8:00PM, PRIME-TIME, ON THE TIME WARNER PUBLIC ACCESS CHANNEL IN YOUR AREA. (YES, THE ENTIRE REGION!) And sorry to say, Antonio and Huizar -- Zuma Dogg was crankier than hell, by the time all the lights, sound and cameras were set. So, it gets kinda "inflammatory". (Nothing you haven't heard ZD say before...but now I'll be saying it, with Mr. Aguilar, for a full half-hour on prime time. And we cover the whole messy enchilada, from Southwest Muesum to Gentrification. Fun for the whole family!) So, set your Tivo now as ZD is unleashed for this East LA special, beaming out to the entire Time Warner region. YIKES!
VENICE NC "Rules & Election" Meeting Agenda (BIG CHANGES/REFORM?)
Iit's a ZAP/Zuma Times "Public Hearing". Please leave your comments. Is this stuff legal. They are trying to mandate "good taste" and a Disneyland atmosphere. I commend much of this...but a lot of this looks like an SNL script.
Notice of Venice Neighborhood Council Rules & Election Committee Meeting
Start: 06/26/2007 - 7:00pm
Topics include banning NC members, other than the President, from using official NC letterhead for their own shady, personal purposes -- making sure you don't represent yourself as an NC member, when you are speaking at a meeting or before a group (discloure), AN NC "CODE OF CONDUCT"!!!, and what will happen to you shady/problematic NC members/stakeholders if you fail to comply. [ZD SUPPORTS THIS, and some of the other stuff in it]
Gotta read the whole thing, just like everyone else, but overall...looks like Venice NC is going to try and conduct the meetings in a little more professional of a manner. ALTHOUGH THE WHOLE CITY AGENCY IS JUST A BIG F-ING RACKET...at least we'll feel like there was "due process" before the decision is announced, that was already made beforehand. (Like Vegas, they make you feel good about getting screwed.) But thank you no less for at least doing this much.
8.H. Reiterate/clarify Rule regarding use of VNC Letterhead. RM announced that the policy is that only letters approved by the board will appear on VNC stationary. Move that pending further clarification from the Rules Committee that the standing rule adopted by the Board stating that the President sign letters on letterhead stationary be maintained. Moved by PR, 2nd by YG Motion carries 8-3-1"
I. The Board trusts and expects Board Officers and Committee Members to adhere to the following principles of representation and behavior:
2. I will treat each member of the board and members of the public with respect at all times, regardless of an individual’s opinion, ethnicity, race, sexuality, age, disability, or religion.
6. I will not use language that is abusive, threatening, obscene, or slanderous, including using profanities, insults, or other disparaging remarks or gestures.
[oops...profanity is legal. sorry. not that i encourage it. but it is allowed.]
7. Derogatory language about an individual’s ethnicity, race, sexuality, age, disability, or religion is not acceptable. [Uh oh...this code of conduct is turning into a joke. Unfortunatley, you HAVE to accept it. Even though I do not like it.]
9. I will commit to learn the applicable laws that govern Neighborhood Councils, including bylaws, standing rules, the Brown Act, ethics rules, city ordinances, and the City Charter, and will not knowingly violate any of the above. [Yeah, yeah! Now we're talking.]
14. I will practice the art of being able to disagree without being disagreeable. [Who wrote these rules...Mr. Rogers? Maybe Mr. McFeeley can be Sgt. at Arms.]
A Board Officer may submit to the Secretary a request for adoption of a resolution of disapproval of a Board Officer or Committee Member if the request is submitted within 30 days of the alleged failure to adhere to the above principles of representation and behavior or within 30 days of the adoption of this standing rule. [And if you don't "practice" that "art", or if we feel you are violating any of this pussy-foot bullsh*t...we can vote your ass out. HA! Helen Keller could argue the problems with this with both hands tied behind her back.]
READ ALL THE NON-SENSE OF HOW THEY WANT TO TRY AND ENFORCE A "CODE OF CONDUCT" WHILE THEY FAST TRACK PROJECT APPROVALS IN VIOLATION OF CHARTER LAW AND ZONING AND EIR -- WITH CM STAFFERS AND DEVELOPERS WHO SIT ON THE NC BOARD AS CHAIRPEOPLE AND REVIEW COMMISSIONERS AND BONC PRESIDENTS. F*CK THAT SH*T...BITCHES AND BITCHETTES!!!
YOU SHOULD BE A LITTLE MORE WORRIED ABOUT THE FEDERAL RACKETEERING CHARGES THAT ARE GONNA END UP FALLING ON YOUR CODE OF CONDUCT AGENDA IF YOU DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE REAL PROBLEMS WITH NC!!! AND IT'S NOT A BUNCH OF "THIS LAND IS MY LAND, THIS LAND IS YOUR LAND, 1970's, LIBERAL HIPPIE SH*T. ROOT OUT THE RICO VIOLATION SH*T THARP/LUCKS/VILLARAIGOSA/CITY COUNCIL. Not worry about "practicing the art of a bunch of Stuart Smalley bullcrap!!!
READ THE WHOLE COMEDY SCRIPT: Click Google Groups Link at ZumaTimes.com