Whistleblower hotline: (213) 785-6098
mayorsam@mayorsam.org

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Julie Butcher Swings Back

In a bold move symbolic of her in your face style of union leadership, Julie Butcher strikes back at those who vandalized her car with a blast e-mail to her supporters all but taunting them for there cowardace act upon her.

Some snippets...

A personal message from Julie Butcher, Los Angeles, CA – October 10, 2005): I would like to take a moment and thank you all for your strong support of Local 347, of me.

As you know, my car was set on fire in the driveway of our Highland Park home at 4:10 AM on July 7, 2005.

Here’s a photo of my new car. [Click here and go to “protests” link to see LA’s animal “activists” depiction of their protest at my home.] Their picture of my car is much better than the one from M & M Auto Arts of Sun Valley who painted my otherwise boring new vehicle (they are not flames! I tried to have it painted – lest anyone think I’d hide -- I even tried to have it painted "fuck you purple" but it’s not as easy as it sounds.)

When you look at the Labor Day protests on the http://www.stopthekilling.net site, please note that “Baby Huey,” my youngest egg, is 14. He’s a big 14. And he did chase the picketers down the street with a golf club. When I saw him, I called him in (though I did secretly think it an appropriate re­sponse). An hour later, I found him up top, crying. He’d heard their chants: ‘how many puppies did you kill today?’ and ‘We know where you sleep at night.’ Steven said: “I just don’t want anything to happen to you.”

To uncharacteristically paraphrase President George Bush or Chokri BenSaid of the Union’s staff: If we change what we’re doing in the face of a bully, the bully has won.

My very first reaction at seeing my new car (that I loved) set on fire was that I must be doing something right. That was not my only response, however. I was scared.

But not intimidated.

I thank the Union’s board and staff for everything they have all done to help protect my safety and the safety of my home and family. When you guys say: “I’ve got your back!” you mean it!

--------------------------------------

Regardless of whether you love her or hate her, everyone needs to have her back on this one.

Click here to review the Council motion authorizing a reward for information leading to the arrest of those responsible.

15 Comments:

Blogger PhilKrakover said:

Like many others who have crossed swords with Julie, I find her difficult, if not impossible.

She is tough, smart, and unrelenting. I can almost understand the frustration of the perpetrators of this arson, but I cannot condone them for such a cowardly and dangerous act of violence.

Fire is unmanagable and can get out of hand in a moment. It is unspeakable to terorize small children or anyone, for that matter.

So, having never agreed with Julie in the past, I agree totally with her in this instance. This is unacceptable behavior and I hope that the perpetrator(s) is (are) punished with the maximum allowed by law.

October 12, 2005 8:34 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

Tough and smart? She was running the city to her benefit after BS'ing that she got Hahn elected, and she's so smart and crafty that she's put herself in a deep hole to where her own organizeation SEIU no longer supports her. As far as members watching her back? I am one of her members. The discussion amongst the rest of the guys that I work with is we're watching her back waiting for the right opportunity to put the proverbial wooden stake in it so that we can get rid of her. We SEIU Local 347 members could not believe the self serving, rambling narrative she put on our website. It is obviously the work of a completely self absorbed person that has no inkling of what's in the best interest of Local 347 members. We hope she decides to take an extra long drive at high speed in her new car pointed in any direction as long as it's out of town.

Signed,
SEIU Local 347 rank and file

October 12, 2005 9:21 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

Bitcher thinks this whole thing is all about her. Who even cares about her feud with animal rights activists or her spawn admitting to felonious assault with a golf club? I'm one of the people she got zero percent cola for and fed us the crap about getting respect instead. Whoever you are that wrote the previous comment we need to put our voices together and get us a new general manager and elected board so that we can stop getting respect and start getting money.

Angry at General Services

October 12, 2005 9:25 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

I also am a Local 347 member and I haven't had a new car burnt up at my Highland Park home because I can't afford to buy any new cars and can't even afford to buy my own house because Butch got me respect instead of a raise. You might understand why we don't have much sympathy for her and wish she was representing somebody else instead of us.

October 12, 2005 9:31 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

Julie's a butch? Wow, didn't know that privy information.

October 12, 2005 9:54 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

Julie Butcher may be tough but she does have the interests of her members at heart.

The reason she is hated is because she fights for you ungrateful morons. Some things are about more than money. 347 members are in a VERY strong bargaining position now after the antics of IBEW and the fact that we did the right thing. We have something DWP doesn't, public support so sit down and shut the fuck up stupid.

October 12, 2005 10:30 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

She as tough, smart, and unrelenting as she is beautiful.

October 12, 2005 11:08 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

Are you Butcher supporters on crack? You mean you can't see that the 10:30 am comment was written by Julie herself? You're lucky you're not in my shoes as one of her members, you'd have a completely different view of her. She's a tyrant and a bully who persecutes members that oppose her and fixes the elections run in the local. We in MCIA have had enough of her and are trying to figure out how to either divorce the bitch or seperate from SEIU. They may have burnt her car, but to get her real transportation they would have had to burn her broom.

Inspector B

October 12, 2005 11:14 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

We all know that Julie wrote the 10:30 am post due to her typical use of foul language. Thank you Julie for highlighting how you really feel about your members.

October 12, 2005 11:16 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

I do not know Julie the Butch. Is she like a dictator?

October 12, 2005 11:19 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

Phil Krakover-is that you Pat McOsker once again supporting that fashion plate Diva of union leaders, the one that calls her own Baby Huey and egg and responds to her members while exhibiting class as she tells her own members, "sit down and shut the fuck up stupid"

October 12, 2005 11:21 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

I'm not a fan of Julie Butcher -- to say the least.

But I am a fan of the union movement, and a beneficiary.If not for my parents' union jobs, I would not have had so many opportunities -- ranging from college to family vacations.

So it disheartens me to see internal differences -- no matter how real -- aired in this forum.

Instead of trashing Julie Butcher here, why don't you go organize otehr 347 members and defeat her in the next election?

October 12, 2005 2:07 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

What makes you think we aren't already doing this? Why not trash her and organize at the same time? Multi-tasking...

October 12, 2005 3:08 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

Why don't you go organize otehr 347 members and defeat her in the next election?

Because Butch and her buds don't run fair elections, they stuff the ballot boxes. 347 hasn't run a fair election in years.

October 12, 2005 10:37 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

FYI to all interested Local 347 members: a meeting is being set up to organize the removal of Butcher and/or get out of SEIU. Many of us have had enough! Keep an eye on your computer, mail stop boxes and snail mail...

October 14, 2005 9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Advertisement

Advertisement