Afternoon Briefs on the Los Angeles Political Machine for Monday
Second, from the agenda for Wednesday, October 1, 2014 of the LA-32 Neighborhood Council presided by Marleen Fonseca ............,
15. Discussion and possible action regarding Uka’s Big Saver Foods conditional use permit
application to upgrade from beer and wine to a full line of alcoholic beverages for off-site consumption in conjunction with the operation of their new 23,225 square foot supermarket with hours of operation from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., 7 days / week. Site address 5168 E. Huntington Drive South, Case number 2A 2014-1736 CUB.
Apparently, less than one year after her Termination Appeal Hearing, the now LA-32 NC President Fonseca (and supporting Executive Committee) is willing to circumvent the appropriate Standing Committee Hearings and move forward with Councilman Huizar, in increasing the number of beer, wine and liquor establishments (and potential, additional DUIs) along the Huntington Drive Corridor, (allegedly)??
** Following in the footsteps of the Los Angeles City Clowncil Central Committee's decisive action in the battle against the business community, whoops, local War on Poverty, Jack Humphreville's latest "Watchdog Column" at "MSNBC City Watch", gives the Clowncil Central Committee props for becoming the LA Branch of the State of Texas's effort to redistribute businesses to the Lone Star State.
** For those who want to hear CD 14 City Council Candidate, LA County Board of Supervisor Gloria Molina, clearly state her reasons for taking on incumbent City Clowncil Bad Boy/Tonto Jose Huizar, link here to the interview with KPCC's Larry Mantle.
** In the spirit of openness and transparency (allegedl) Mayor Garcetti is taking your questions on Facebook. Thus, we have come up with a few for the Rhodes Scholar review and follow up.
1. When was the last time you broached about P-E-N-S-I-O-N R-E-F-O-R-M in public?
2. How easy was it really to turn former Radio Talk Show Host Kevin James into an enabling City Hall Insider?
3. What happen to your promise to now ex Recreation & Parks General Manager Jon Kirk Mukri to return him to his position?
4. Are you a frequent user of the F-word when discussing IBEW Strongman Brian D'Arcy Rizzo or CD 14 City Clowncil Bad Boy/Tonto Jose Huizar?
5. Lastly, how many people are currently living in Getty House?
Your thoughts ............,
Scott Johnson in CD 14