Whistleblower hotline: (213) 785-6098
mayorsam@mayorsam.org

Thursday, November 02, 2006

More People Discover Problems with Ballots And Voter Registration At L.A. County Registrar's Office

ZD put in a follow-up inquiry with the Secretary of State's office regarding complaints from the public that their voter registration cards never made it to the L.A. County Registrar's office, and absentee ballots never made it to many who requested them.

This means, people who think they are registered, will be told they are ineligible to vote at the poll. And filling out a provision ballot doesn't matter, if they never received a registration card to match it to. (Sorry Charlie).

Plus, all the absentee ballots voters never received, or received after the deadline; and the ballots sent back to the Registrar's office from voters, never received.

SO, IT'S BIG PROBLEMS ALREADY REGARDING THE RESULTS OF THIS NOVEMBER 7th ELECTION, Y'ALL!!! Read the comments from Mayor Sam readers who first accused me of being inaccurate, then checked it out for themselves and now agree with my investigation, as well.

ubrayj02 SAID: Zuma Dogg, Where is your evidence? You were "on the phone" with the Registrar? I've been "on the phone" with them too - and it is a recorded message. What was the nature of your call? What sort of problem (if there even was one) did you find out about? (October 30, 2006)

ZD REPLY: "I called 562-466-1323. Got a "live" person, right away. I assure you this story is 100% accurate as I reported it. Any further questions, call me an leave a voice mail and I will call you back to discuss further (310) 928-7544.
(Posted November 01, 2006)

MAYOR SAM READER: "Because I have not received my absentee ballot and after reading this post, I called the registrar's office. I got a live person, who indicated the lost mail was FALSE INFORMATION! I asked several questions and read to the clerk your story. She insist that it is false information. I don't know if she was told to say that or not. The clerk is going to mail me another ballot." (Posted October 31, 2006) [ZD NOTE: "Too late" the deadline to have it at the Reg. Office was Nov. 1st. Try back next March."]

Anonymous said: Thanks for the invitation to discuss, but I prefer to remain somewhat anonymous. I only stated what the Clerk conveyed to me. I contacted a friend who lives in another precinct, who is a PAV as I am and had not received her ballot. She was told a different story. Therefore, I stand corrected, SOMETHING IS AMISS, at the Registrar's office. (November 01, 2006)

ZD ADDS: During my discussion of this problem on KABC radio, a listener called in to mention that Senator Waxman has filed for an investigation of the U.S. Post Office for, "slow delivery, loss and theft of mail".

And the registrar employee who told me the office has been having problems receiving mail from the U.S. Post Office and problems with people receiving mail sent from the Registrar's office added, "If someone calls in to check the voter registration receipt number, and the information didn't make it into the computer, 'It was probably lost.'"

[Oh great! So the word, "probably" is being used to describe the widespread nature of this problem.]

ZD SAYS: "Due to this crisis, the Secretary of State needs to impose an emergency ordinace allowing for "same day registration" at all the polls, state-wide. Simply show your I.D. (Driver's license/Offical State photo ID) and you can vote using a provisional ballot. AND, you must extend the deadline for absentee ballots so as to give those who never recieved them time to get another one and allow time for those sent in, to make it. Then of course, please politley request the post office to actually deliver everything, instead of throwing heaps of ballots and registration cards in the dumpster."

Inspector General Zuma Dogg for L.A. City Council and Mayor in '09!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said:

I don't have ID or papers. Can I still vote?

Answer: YES - Huizar's district.

November 02, 2006 4:36 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

November 02, 2006 5:51 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

CD-14....why does this not surprise me? Someone needs to come in and clean house. Good bye! See ya!

November 02, 2006 6:21 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

November 02, 2006 7:19 PM  

Blogger SantaBarbarian said:

I've been working at an Elections Office and let me tell you, if people would fill out the forms correctly and timely, alot of this stuff could be prevented.

And, for those folks who think that it's OK to return their absentee ballots with cigarette burns, coffee stains and crayon marks all over it, you shouldn't be surprised when the computer can't read your vote.

November 05, 2006 1:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Advertisement

Advertisement