"Tamar and Antonio in Better Times".
LAUSD School Board Member Tamar Galatzan's "political roadmap" once was easy for all to read. Elected with Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa's Special Interest Money to her current political maildrop on Beaudry. All she had to do was follow School Board President Monica Garcia's edits and onward and upward she would progress in Villaraigosa's Machine.
But something call "free thinking from Tamar", told those in the Mayor's inner circle, that Tamar wasn't the willing "Villarnista" that was crafted by the likes of Mike Trujillo. Plus, there was some husband baggage the clouded Tamar's future with Team Villaraigosa.
Now as Tamar pursues her forlorn quest to become Councilwoman Tamar Galatzan
, what better way to create some notice for your lonely pursuit of higher office, than a little political humor ??
10. As a Criminal Prosecutor, she has NEVER lost a case
9. Tamar is already knocking on doors and will walk more precincts than any other candidate. She is a triathlete for crying out loud!
8. Knows that the Tujunga Wash never adds starch.
7. Spearheaded the effort to put new computers and technology into each school and each classroom in the Valley.
6. Knows that nothing rhymes with Orange Line.
5. Tamar is the rare officeholder who fights for what she believes is in the best interest of the community and stands up to powerful interest to get things done.
4. Will go to bat for Valley homeowners – and their lawns.
3. It is easy to recognize which candidate she is; she is the one who actually lives in the Valley.
2. Knows that the distance between City Hall and the Valley can sometimes feel like a thousand miles.
1. Has voted for Wendy Greuel more times than Essel and Krekorian – combined.
At least if no one wants to vote for you, laughing and humor dulls the pain of political abandonment.
BTW, whats with all the joint photos with Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa ?? One would of thought that his poliltical capital is worthless.
Labels: cd2 special election, lausd, mayor antonio villaraigosa, tamar galatzan