Whistleblower hotline: (213) 785-6098
mayorsam@mayorsam.org

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Pass the Crackpipe to the Lefthand Side! (everybody sing!)

Happy Battle of Hastings Day! 10/14/66. The year 1066, that is!

On this date in 1918, Adolf Hitler was wounded in a British gas attack.

On a related note, the people of Los Angeles today will be wounded by the gas bags in Los Angeles City Hall during City Council's never-ending giveaway of your tax dollars.

What does it cost to park at a parking meter now, $3 for 15 minutes? Thanks Bill Rosendahl! Another surcharge for towing cars? Thanks Tom LeBonge! Traffic got you down? Thanks for the density Jack Weiss! Hello, Mayor Villaraigosa's office? Do you think you can have the LAPD aid the DEA to raid the marijuana clinics again today? That's right. Sick people want to eat, can you believe it?

(Click the music video in the box below and join us for a new rendition of "Pass the Dutchie!")

Pass the crackpipe to the left-hand side (everybody sing!)
Pass the crackpipe to the left-hand side
It a gonna burn, give fee waivers make us sick and hurl.
It a gonna burn, give fee waivers make us sick and hurl.




You have got to love the labels for today's post. Adolf Hitler, Mayor Villarigosa, Jack Weiss Tom LeBonge, Bill Rosendahl, LAPD, smoke crack, and Pass the Dutchie. To the left-hand side!



Labels: , , , , , ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said:

Haikula needs to learn a little more about marijuana aka cannibas and a crack-pipe. Other than that a very appropriate song for the times.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pass_the_Dutchie

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crack_pipe#Smoked

October 14, 2008 11:20 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

Here are some of my favorite songs for these tough economic times.

Even Marvin Gaye "can't pay his taxes - makes him wanna holler"


Sam Cooke - A Change is Gonna Come
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y63uIBtz1tg

Stevie Wonder-Living For The City
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2z6s2YvmZ0

Marvin Gaye - Make Me Wanna Holler
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDckI2P_DPA

Elvis Presley - In The Ghetto
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmVFnhO3A98

October 14, 2008 12:11 PM  

Blogger Shelby York said:

This comment has been removed by the author.

October 14, 2008 3:20 PM  

Blogger Shelby York said:

Hi 11:20am,

You are, as Bugs Bunny said, a "maroon."

I know the difference, although I'm sure not nearly as well as you do.

It's called POETIC LICENSE, you fishmonger. There's a reason why Haikula posts here, and you just comment.

Oh, and your mama called. Your mac & cheese will be ready at 6pm.

Love,

Haikula

October 14, 2008 3:20 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

Haikula calling someone a fishmonger aka pimp is hilarious.

Haikula is the biggest pimp of all, Haikula's main reason for posting on this blogging is pimping for her much needed attention and site hits.

Here is a nice song for haikula.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PSkBXMaOJg

October 14, 2008 7:42 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

Haikula said Crackpipe and that's racial!!! MOMMY!!!!

October 14, 2008 9:17 PM  

Blogger Shelby York said:

I could care less about the attention, since you seem to think no one reads our entries. I deal enough with attention (more than I'd rather have) during the rest of my life.

I do care about the hits, though. Admit it. You get a kick out of seeing if I'll respond.

Ain't that right, Coffee Cakes? Punk?

October 14, 2008 9:44 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

Er, Haikula... I'm curious: exactly how do you pronounce your name?

I'm not one of those numbskulls like 11:20 who, IMHO, need to be hoisted on their own petard.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

October 14, 2008 10:20 PM  

Blogger Shelby York said:

Make like you are greeting a cooler full of your favorite chilled drink: Hi-KOO-lah.

The emPHASis is on the middle sylLABle.

Given the medium we're in, may I ask why you'd like to know how to pronounce my name? Er, just curious. Yes, it is my real name, and is also the name of a Finnish town, although I'm just part Fin.

October 14, 2008 11:14 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

Haikula, thank you for your prompt response, and forgive me for not replying sooner.

The reason I wished to know was that in the event we ran into each other at the 4th anniversary celebration this Friday (yes, I plan to be there), I didn't wish to have my hat pulled down around my neck (so to speak) if I mispronounced your name.

October 15, 2008 1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Advertisement

Advertisement