Whistleblower hotline: (213) 785-6098
mayorsam@mayorsam.org

Thursday, June 21, 2007

YouTube: DONE'S Carol Baker Tharp on "Spirit" of NC & Bradley/E.B.E. Speaks

Click here for YouTube: DONE's C.B. Tharp Explains Idea Behind NCs. AND, watch till the end, for comments from the (possibly former) Notorious E.B.E. (Bradley).

Some people are calling Bradley's little "rah-rah" speech at the end kiss-ass. [And it sure is.]

I, however, feel it is a sign that DONE has "recommended" to Bradley that the shenannigans need to come to a halt, and they probably put him up to his little Sgt. Hulka speech...AND, I would like to add, I think he is personally relieved, and actually is going to try and walk his talk. You see, as long as all the "cahootsism" was not only allowed, but encouraged -- I think there was a lot of pressure on Bradley to "do the cahootsy dirty work/keep the pueblos at arms length.)

BUT, now that DONE has made it clear it can't go on anymore (I HOPE THEY MADE IT CLEAR...I'M SAYING THAT'S WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE TO ME)...His job just got a lot eaiser (weight off his shoulder), and now I'm sure he'll thrive on the opportunity to prove his leadership qualities I'm sure he feels he has. (And ZD feels if he really wanted to embrace NC in the true spirit he would be FANTASTIC. I mean that. So here's to hoping there was sincerity behind this video shoot. I feel encouraged. If they're coming clean only after public scrutiny. [Hey, that's why there's public scrutiny.]

Bradley, if I got spun by your Christopher Lowell motivation speech, and nothing's changed, I will show up on City TV 35 for 30 Council meetings in a row (like in AA) to blast your ass by name. The rest of the City will get a 30 day pass on all fraud, waste and abuse. I know a lot of people won't be sold as easily, and will think I'm a sucker...we'll see. But I've never met you, so I choose to believe what I saw on camera as sincere. I think you looked relieved.

ZumaTimes.com

5 Comments:

Blogger Walter Moore said:

Sergeant Hulka, you are like the big toe....

You gotta love Sergeant Hulka.

Greetings from the nation's capital, y'all. It really is nice here.

June 21, 2007 8:57 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

Bradley is very sincere. Sadly, Zuma you don't know all he has done for his community on a volunteer basis. He was active before neighborhood councils came into play and has done more positive empowerment to many community members citywide. You should not be so hard on him. You need to look at the positive instead of the negative and balance out your opinion.
If you speak at council blast their sorry asses for all the corruption going on.

June 22, 2007 6:15 AM  

Blogger Zuma Dogg said:

6:15am,

With all due respect 6:15am, I think that's exactly what I did. I think I DID look at the postive and balanced out my opinion, based on what I saw. PLEASE go back and re-read my comments. And then you say, "if"/"blast", as if I haven't been. Who is this, Mr. Mismatcher Guy?

June 22, 2007 10:40 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

ZD, what you missed is that Bradley BELIEVES, or pretends to believe, that he's the "good guy" in this one, wrestling the neighborhood council away from a primarily elitist, hard-core NIMBY group of Stalinist liberals bent on NO growth. He already believes he and Tharp are on the same page, and that he's going to take this NC back in the direction she espouses.

So, using situational ethics, it's okay to keep "them" (the former powerbase) out of the system, by hook or by crook, because "they" kept others from exercising control over their own property on the hillsides of north east L.A.

He's the inclusive one, they were exclusive and elitist, thinks Bradley.

It's similar to the Abu Graib excuses. It's okay to do unto them, now, in order to keep them from doing unto the rest of us any further.

The ultimate goal is wider representation and democracy, he believes, so until we get there, preemptive strikes on free speech are in order against anyone we think isn't of that same mindset, or didn't seem to be in the past.

June 22, 2007 1:04 PM  

Blogger Zuma Dogg said:

1:04pm,

Oh no...so you are saying when he means, "getting back to basics", he means against the pueblos?

He better mean "back to the basics" that HE has gotten away from. I like being the good guy, way better.

June 22, 2007 2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Advertisement

Advertisement