Zuma Dogg's Weekend Tid Bits
* MAYOR ANTONIO'S AIRBUS PHOTO OP COSTS TAXPAYERS $24,280!: That giant, high-density airbus, originally only scheduled to land in New York and Chicago, made a special apperance at LAX, too -- cause Mayor Antonio didn't want to miss a photo opportunity with anything "high-density" related. So if the biggest airplane ever, is on a promotional tour of the U.S., Mayor Antonio wants HIS picture taken with it, too, y'all. Mayor Tony, now that we are pals, can I have a copy of the $24,280 picture please, and I'll post it on Mayor Sam's blog, for you. Meanwhile, Matt Dowd's video of the shakey landing that scared Zuma Dogg off ever setting foot on that flying-disaster-waiting-to-happen is up to 53,000, yes, 53,000 views on YouTube in 48 hours. If you ever thought of travelling on this flying skyscraper, watch this video, first. www.youtube.com/deepsouth81.
* Thanks to one of ZD's numerous posse of City Hall staffers who like to tell ZD things they shouldn't, for confirming what I posted on Friday, that the reason Mayor Antonyo VETOED the "floor transfer rights" and the "rooftop sky rights' ordincances, is because Council did indeed forget to cut the political superstar in for his piece of the pie, y'all...NEXT TIME, DON'T GET IT TWISTED -- ANTONIO VILLARAIGOSA RUNS THIS 15 DISTRICT BLOCK. YOU GOTTA CUT HIM IN, IF YOU'RE DOING BIZNESS ON HIS TURF, Y'ALL. (See Iceberg Slim/Magic Don Juan.)
* Speaking of Weiss...(ass), looks like he's taking the advice of City PR/Marketing master, Zuma Dogg -- and trying to (Hulka Voice), "Lighten up, Francis." The perpetually grimacing, constituent opponent now sees he better rub a little warm and fuzzy over his image, so today at City Hall, in walked the group of school kids, who Jack uncomfortably had to pull oout his condesending "Mr. Rogers" voice to greet the kids on camera. And ZD can tell City TV 35 is no fan of Jackass, either (the politician, not Knoxville) -- because as Mr. Friendly was greeting the kids on camera, the switcher engineer kept the shot on the kids, and Jack got ZERO face time, for the effort. I would have posted it on YouTube, but now, thanks to TV 35, the event may as well not have even existed. (Why greet school kids, if it doesn't go out on camera...this isn't radio. That's not Jack's medium, either, thanks to Doug Mcintyre.)
* March 25: One year anniversary of the Mayor and Council's ban of Zuma Dogg shirts and Matt Dowd's incense on Venice Beach. And one year after Pandora's Box of Zuma Dogg has been opened, LAPD now knows that what ZD/Dowd were saying is true...the ordinance was unconstitutional in the first place, and the cops will no longer enforce "King of the Do-Nothings" Bill Rosenhoh's bogus-ban. One year of Zuma Dogg at City Hall? Dr. Phil wants to know, "How's that workin' for ya?"
* Thanks to Captain Jack for letting ZD know that the Supreme Court ruling AGAINST the "False Claims Act", in San Fran School case is somehow tied to Councils' expense reports. YIKES! Did ZD stumble onto something with this one, or what?