Open Thread for Wednesday
* Teacher/ Coach, Los Angeles Unified School District
* Attorney, O'Melveny & Myers LLP
* Director of Business Development, Rebuild LA
* Deputy Mayor of Economic Development, Office of Mayor Richard Riordan
* Elected City Attorney of Los Angeles 2001
* Re-elected City Attorney of Los Angeles 2005
Born July 15, 1960, City Attorney Rocky Delgadillo is a native of Northeast Los Angeles. With his election as City Attorney in 2001, he became the first half-Latino to win citywide office in more than 100 years. Running unopposed, he was re-elected in March 2005 to a second four-year term.
He is running against former Governor and current Mayor of Oakland Jerry Brown in the 2006 race for the Democratic nomination for state attorney general of California.
Delgadillo had claimed to have received a football scholarship to Harvard and played professional football. After an investigation by newspapers he corrected the record.
Labels: rocky delgadillo