Whistleblower hotline: (213) 785-6098
mayorsam@mayorsam.org

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Tylenol - STAT

I don't know what pained me more. Reading this, this, or this. Either way, I'm going back to my alcohol induced haze. I was happier there.

The first has more typos than our own Chief Parker. The second makes me shake my head. As for the third. Well, I'm going to do something you will RARELY see on this site. I'm going to cut and paste from (LA Observed) besides the links above.
Also at City Hall: It's the second time this week a paper scooped Villaraigosa's appointments. Now get this: one of the anonymous political operatives who blogs at Mayor Sam's Sister City says an unnamed female Villaraigosa "administration official" is being fired for Monday's leak of the airport commissioners to Zahniser. The poster, "Chief Parker," has been suspected in the past of having a role in the Villaraigosa campaign, so there's a bit of chill in his further admonition: "You will stop these unapproved leaks or face the consequences of your actions. Oh and stop giving inside info to Roderick -- this message is going out to the guy and girl that are leaking this stuff. I know you guys." The last part's a laugher since I don't have a clue who he means—and I'm the supposed beneficiary. But if the mayor's circle is already hyper-sensitive about leaks—three weeks in!—that doesn't bode well for his media relations. Good reporters are going to keep breaking stuff, so get used to it. The bigger question here is whether Villaraigosa's people are sending messages through a blogger, especially one whose affiliations are secret. Besides the threat, "Chief Parker" also uses his post to stroke Villaraigosa and LABJ reporter Howard Fine for writing some positive pieces about the mayor. Disclosure: On July 11, the blogger there who goes by "Mayor Sam" emailed me twice, hoping I'd mention some items he had posted. I passed on them, and since then his site has been a trifle obsessed with me. I think it's kind of cute—thanks for the links, guys.
I know. Maybe I need a shower too! I feel dirty. I'm going back to bed.

Updated: Now he's going after Martini again --

** Speaking of obsessed:
Cue Mailander. Facts are 90% wrong and his spin sad, but he admits his bias and leaves out the race-baiting. (Oops, spoke too soon. Race-baiting ensues in the comments...)

PS: Downtown blogger found the spell check too!

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said:

Antonio is a control freak. Every Administration has "leaks" that how news gets reported. He can threaten all he wants but the stories will come out. His old CD14 staffers were infamous for putting out gossip which later became fact. Antonio isn't liked by many who work for him. He's a dictator so they will feed reporters the inside stuff. Word at city hall is that people have already quit.

July 27, 2005 8:24 AM  

Blogger Joseph Mailander said:

Oh, so Roderick breached the implicit confidentiality of email again, and spammed his audience with another one of those childish "hey, he emailed me/he's obsessing" posts. Of course, if you keep criticizing his content, expect next the full-on libel post, which would be pathetic if they weren't so hilariously immature and transparently vengeful.

Roderick operates at the most childish level of any LA blogger I've seen: he thinks of his linking to your blog as not a mere service to his readers, but that his links should actually be considered a reward by the blogger linked.

It has taken people a while to catch onto his dis-the-competitors, encourage-the-asskissers game, which actually does a great disservice to the whole of LA journalism. This is surely the most juvenile level of blogging, or even of human relationships. Keep scooping him, and scooping LA.

July 27, 2005 9:36 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

Anon 8:24,
You're full of crap. AV has had the same core group around him for years. The quitters are former Hahn staffer who were told they would have to work 9 to 5 instead of 10 to 4.

July 27, 2005 10:05 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

Roderick is a real piece of work. He thinks you guys are obsessed with him because he passed on a tip you gave him? You guys have covered him and his nonsense for some time, and aren't the only blog that has done so.

Sometime ago he accused Joe Mailander of being mentally ill. Looks to me like Joe is perfectly sane and its Roderick that is the nut case.

"They're coming to take me away, I say!"

July 27, 2005 10:13 AM  

Blogger dgarzila said:

HEy , thanks for the press MAyor Sam. I got quite a few hits . So far no one has bought a shirt yet , but I will keep you updated to let you know if I get any buyers.

By the way good job on LA oBserved. I still can't figure out how that is a blog , there are no opnions and yes , I think the way he went about the back and forth with MAilander was childish.

Let's see if we can sell these shirts. thanks for pointing out the typos.

July 27, 2005 10:59 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

Transparency in government my ass. Why all the secrecy? This is exactly the kind of stuff he bitched about with Hahn making decisions behind closed doors and yet here he is doing the same thing!

July 27, 2005 12:20 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

I used to work for Antonio and it was hell. One day it was ok to say my point of view, the next day I had to shut up or else I was fired. He has two personalities.

Scary man. His infidelities, money laundering, and mafia tactics will appear in the media one day, I will not say anything, he can find me and who knows.

July 27, 2005 11:29 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

Mayor Sam Kevin Roderick is coming after you. He's pissed you exposed his mole on the 3rd floor. But the Mayor is pleased with you.

July 28, 2005 8:55 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

Who is the mole? Please tell.

July 28, 2005 9:21 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

DWP’s Salary Shock
Sweet contract proposal once again raises questions about who’s running L.A.’s public utility

A hush-hush contract extension between the Department of Water and Power (DWP) and the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW), Local 18, went to a vote of the union’s 8,000 members Tuesday. The pact, which guarantees a minimum 16 percent and a maximum 30 percent in salary increases over the next five years, should pass easily, widening an existing salary gap between DWP workers and other city workers, many of whom recently settled for much lower increases.

WHERE'S ANTONIO IN THIS MESS????

July 28, 2005 9:34 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

Mole = Janelle. She is dating a reporter isn't she?

July 28, 2005 9:45 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

Janelle E. would not do such a thing. No way, she has been set up. If I were a female, I would use the media and tell, tell, tell.

July 28, 2005 10:03 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

Like Marion Berry said:
"THE BITCH SET ME UP!"

July 28, 2005 11:14 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

Janelle is an older broad I'd like to do...man she is fine

July 28, 2005 11:38 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

Now Janelle is hot, hot, hot, however Cynthia R. is gross

July 28, 2005 11:41 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

yea but cynthia not FAt and ugly like yOlanda. man she scary...

July 28, 2005 5:52 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

Where did Janelle come from? Wasn't it another council member??

July 28, 2005 10:20 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

i love this blog. thank god for chief parker

July 29, 2005 9:24 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

Tell Villaraigosa, I like him and it is not fair he has rats in his office.

August 09, 2005 12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Advertisement

Advertisement