Who's Hot -- Who's Not
I've been receiving e-mails from many of you asking for an updated top 5 list. So here it is.
1. Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa - Goes to Washington DC, John North follows him to the nations capitol -- good times had by all. Many in City Hall are finally realizing how hard this man works along with his staff. Also gets kudos for his Police Commission and Airport commission appointments.
2. Councilwoman Wendy Greuel - When going over the who's hot list I really didn't think Wendy would make it again, but there she is fighting for the little guy. Today's Daily News has her leading the fight to stop McMansions from ruining the character of neighborhoods.
3. Assemblyman Lloyd Levine - I would not have put him on my list , but there's Michelle Castillo in the Daily News declaring that Assemblyman Levine is hot.
4. Assemblywoman Cindy Montanez - She has over 300 people at her open house, runs for the State Senate and writes a kick-ass bill to stop the paparazzi.
5. Howard Fine - Usually this reporter sucks. He is a pompous know-it-all that never will let a politician answer a question without a snide remark to his friend Dave Bryant, but he seems to be writing some decent articles about the Mayor for once -- keep it up Howard people are beginning to like you.
6. Jim Alger - A candidate for State Assembly making some early noise about his ties to the community, this President of a neighborhood council has shown repeatedly that he is one tough hombre. He's also the only candidate for any office actively blogging on Mayor Sam.
1. Councilman Greig Smith -- Seems to be in a whole lot of trouble for his Wal-mart stance. Why the Councilman seems so bent on pissing off a whole lots of folks is beyond me.
2. Nick Pacheco - The only positive thing i can say about Nick Pacheco is that his face is not on a clock. Good Job! However, he really must be on a suicide mission because every corner he turns he realizes that he can't raise any money, well his opponent Mr. Huizar is on pace to raise 4 times as much money than little nicky. Don't worry Nick, the district loves you! I mean you are only the first councilman to ever be kicked out of office after one-term in CD 14 history. My early prediction is that Nick does marginally better than he did for his run at DA. Can we all say 20% of the vote?
3. The Leak - This administration official who decided it would be cool to leak the airport story to the "Z" man is about to find out why "she" will be fired shortly. You will stop these unapproved leaks or face the consequences of your actions. Oh and stop giving inside info to Roderick -- this message is going out to the guy and girl that are leaking this stuff. I know you guys.
4. City News Service -- Seriously guys you need to spice up your stories a little bit, getting a little creative won't hurt you.
I'll have an updated list next Tuesday -- happy blogging.
Because Jim Alger is the only one with the guts to come on this blog and speak up for himself using his real name. I've taken him off the "not hot" list and placed him on the "hot" list. Congratulations Mr Alger. Your face is still on a clock however.