Whistleblower hotline: (213) 785-6098
mayorsam@mayorsam.org

Friday, July 08, 2011

A Democrat Who Will Not Vote for Janice Hahn


By Alexandra Datig
It goes against my conscience and it is not in the best interest of our youth to elect Janice Hahn for Congress.  The people should not vote for someone who is riding on the message of breaking federal law to get elected to a federal post!

I have been acquainted with Janice Hahn since 2002.  I have campaigned for her brother James Hahn for Mayor of Los Angeles and always held her in high esteem.  But last year I learned something about Janice Hahn that has made me not want to support her in her effort to run for the 36th Congressional District.

In 2010, I launched my campaign to defeat Proposition 19, the measure that attempted to legalize marijuana for recreational use in the State of California.  This measure, had it won, would have made marijuana legal for taxable sale and consumption under state law ONLY, not federal law.  I remember visiting Janice Hahn in Pasadena at a fundraiser for her race for lieutenant governor and asking her about her position on Proposition 19. I explained to her that when I was a teenager at the age of 16, I was given marijuana and was raped. After telling her my story, Hahn still did not enthusiastically oppose Prop. 19. and danced around every question I had.  I found this not only hurtful, but also odd since the lieutenant governor of the state of California also sits on the Board of Regents making decisions in the best interest for students.  Drug legalization is not in the best interest of students.


I have been recovering from a 13-year drug addiction for more than 12 years.  My addiction started with marijuana and lead to devastating consequences in my life.  According to the Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP) in 2007, illicit drug use cost the U.S. $198 Billion dollars in public health and public safety costs.  Legalization would double, even triple that number.

Three days before the November 2010 election, Janice Hahn went before the press and pledged that the State of California would be first in line to tax recreational marijuana and that SHE would see to it.  THIS WAS IN VIOLATION OF FEDERAL LAW!

Janice, I thought we were friends!  I guess there’s a reason you did not ask me for my endorsement or support.  On that day I was shocked to learn that Janice Hahn had so little regard for the year-long effort many hard-working Californians, including U.S. Senator Dianne Feinstein had made.  Senator Feinstein whom I admire for having been campaign co-chair of No on Prop. 19.

Now the constituents of the 36h Congressional District, of which I am a resident, are being asked to vote for Janice Hahn and elect her to a federal post as Congresswoman.  As a registered Democrat, I will not be voting for Janice Hahn.

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said:

Well, that's one. But I've never seen a Democrat with that hairstyle before...hmmm...Dino perhaps?

July 08, 2011 11:47 AM  

Blogger Bill Haller said:

Maybe she lives in the wrong district. Perhaps Diamond Bar would be a better fit?

July 08, 2011 2:51 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

Um, like SO WHATEVER.

The radioactive hair is attractive.

July 08, 2011 4:02 PM  

Blogger Bill Haller said:

http://www.fiveyearsfromnow.net/Alex.html
It's a terrible story that starts with molestation and ends up with meth, but given what she writes above and what she writes here, I'm having a difficult time buying her argument.

July 08, 2011 5:53 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

I think a lot of you are making fun of this woman because you want to smoke pot and not be judged for it. She obviously believes strongly in her position regarding legalized pot. The spineless Councilwoman is the one who should be ridiculed. There is no way she could pass a simple logic test. She wouldn't be where she is if not for her father's legacy and a huge political machine.

By the way, not everybody thinks pot should be legalized. Some of us believe that people need to develop emotional coping skills instead of smoking pot to mask emotional pain.

July 08, 2011 6:32 PM  

Anonymous trojan2002 said:

I am not familiar with Janice Hahn's council district.

But I'd rather have be another ass clown in congress where she would little power than continue to be an ass clown in city hall where she has proven to be consistently incompetent.

I'm sure Huey would make a better congressional representative for that district. Then again, a monkey would be better to the constituents than Janice.

I'd like her gone from the city council. If only she could take the other 14 clowns too.

July 08, 2011 8:47 PM  

Blogger Bill Haller said:

Trojan 2002?

Expired prophylactic?

July 08, 2011 10:46 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

To be honest, that is one weird looking photo.

July 09, 2011 12:49 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

I like the part about taking the other 14 clowns with her.

It was on the news recently about how she gave money for the anti-gang program that went to real gangsters. It is an old story, but they recently did a new story on it.

July 09, 2011 7:00 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

Read This!!!!!

http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/opinions/nonpub/B218770.PDF

July 09, 2011 9:45 AM  

Blogger Michael Higby said:

I think she's totally wrong not legalizing pot - but that's not the issue here.

The bigger issue is Janice Hahn, city money and gang members.

The people of that district, you know what to do.

July 09, 2011 12:50 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

Even Sarah Palin has smoked pot - just tell this bimbo to shut up and have a toke! It looks like she really needs it.

July 09, 2011 10:24 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

Good lord you are a bunch of f'd up blogger lurkers. Give the woman 1/2 a break for addressing an important issue in her life and those in the district and who the f cares about her picture or hair color - you all are lame!

July 11, 2011 4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Advertisement

Advertisement