Whistleblower hotline: (213) 785-6098
mayorsam@mayorsam.org

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Mayors Animal Problem

The Daily News yesterday ran with a nice story regarding Villaraigosa and his animal problems...
"Clearly, I did make that promise," Villaraigosa said in an interview. "But I never said when I would do that. I want to give (Stuckey) the same opportunity I am giving every other general manager to implement my priorities. And he's going to implement them, or he will be gone."
In other words, forget what I said before....

Another post that has been heavily circulated came from Charlotte Laws on her blog.
The earth is starting to tremble in the Los Angeles animal community because Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa has refused to honor his January 2005 campaign promise to fire the General Manager of Los Angeles Animal Services Guerdon Stuckey, and this broken promise has drawn attention to a potential scandal involving a loss of $1.1 million to the city over the next three years. Even fiscally responsible Angelenos who don't care about cats and dogs can be officially outraged.
hmmm...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Advertisement

Advertisement