Updates from the Mayor
From: Jimmy Blackman[SMTP:JIMMY.BLACKMAN@LACITY.ORG]
Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2005
To: Jimmy Blackman
Cc: Marcus Allen; Robin Kramer
Subject: Message to the Villaraigosa Transition Team
Auto forwarded by a Rule
Dear Transition Team,
Nearly 50 days on the job and things are finally starting to settle down - just a little.
The Mayor has continued to demonstrate that he will be a hands on Mayor willing to tackle the tough issues to move our City forward.
A partial list of some of our highlights thus far:
* Removed all lobbyists from City Commissions
* Issued an Executive Directive banning road construction during rush hour on city streets
* Issued an Executive Directive mandating that all City Department General Managers, City Commissioners, and Mayoral staff sign an ethics pledge
* Created a Council of Education Advisors
* Conducted a successful lobbying trip to Washington D.C. that resulted in additional transportation dollars for Los Angeles - including additional funding for the 405 freeway
* Created a proposal for expanded funding for street resurfacing and strorm drain repair projects citywide
The thing that we are most proud of during the first 50 days is the exceptional staff and collection of city commissioners that the Mayor has brought on board. You, as transition team members, have been instrumental in helping to identify and recruit these individuals.
I have attached some press announcements outlining some of our major staff and commission appointments along with an organization chart of our senior staff.
Please know that our entire staff is at your disposal and you should never hesitate to contact us with questions, comments, concerns - or just to say hello.
On behalf of the Mayor, thank you once again for your support. We look forward to continuing our work with you in the days to come.