Whistleblower hotline: (213) 785-6098
mayorsam@mayorsam.org

Monday, July 11, 2005

Edward, We Hardly Knew Ye

Fans and foes of driver licenses for illegal immigrants will be sad to hear that they won't have "Edward Headington" to kick around anymore. The longtime spokesman (and one of our favorite elected's flacks around the Sister City offices) for State Senator Gil "Two Bill" Cedillo is moving on to resume his marketing and communications business. Edward explains in a farewell e-mail sent out:
I am forced to offer a Harry Chapinian explanation: “I just gonna be like you Dan (Schnur)/You know I’m gonna be like you.” I have decided to lay down my “man behind the message” mantle and return to my op-ed cowboy ways and guerilla PR tendencies by going back to my communications firm Headington Media Group. After all, some days you’re a peacock, some days you’re a feather duster, and on other days, you’re a strategist on the peacock network.

I have not ruled out working for another elected official or doing a campaign but I am hoping to focus on my writing and cross off a few things on my To Do list. I fully understand that certain talk radio hosts will be disappointed that they won’t have “Cedillo Spokeshole Edward Headington” to kick around anymore but I trust I have given them enough fodder until I’m back.
We're sorry to see Edward go, but wish him the very best of luck with his business and personal endeavours! I guess that makes Rob Wilcox our new favorite!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said:

Headington has been running for office since he was 18. He is a classic example of a young staffer who is so cliche and banal with his "political techniques" that he doesn't even know how phony and cheesy he seems.

July 11, 2005 9:38 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

Have to agree with Anon 9:38 p.m. Headington is a hack of a flack.

Additionally, he was a victim of Cedillo's reality-distortion field.

July 11, 2005 9:54 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

Which ballot? i have never seen his name anywere???

July 12, 2005 1:08 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

Is this guy British? What are his political techniques?

July 12, 2005 1:15 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

First two anons are way off. I know him from Riordan days and he's a great guy. Young Staffer probably doesn't apply either. I think he's in his mid-30s. If anything, I would tell him to lay off the notes. He sends a note everytime he sees you.

Here's some historical irony. Ed was inspired by a speech Antonio gave at Southwest Voter in 1997 and worked on his first East LA campaign later that year. The candidate? ... one Gil Cedillo for Assembly.

Call him what you want but I predict he gets picked up right away. Thet cover story about going back to his company sounds fishy.

JL

July 12, 2005 6:54 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

Ed is a great guy with a lot of potential he can do what ever he wants where ever he wants. I am sure this is not the last we hear of Mr. Headington. AKA Eduardo "wink wink"

July 12, 2005 4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Advertisement

Advertisement