Whistleblower hotline: (213) 785-6098
mayorsam@mayorsam.org

Thursday, August 23, 2012

"Hamlet Zev" finally says No to 2013 Mayoral Run

"Hamlet Zev" no more on Los Angeles Mayoral aspirations!!
** Blogger notes: Los Angels County Board of Supervisor Zev Yaroslavsky has said no to a possible 2013 Mayoral run, ending months of Hamlet-like vacillation regarding his political future. With Zev's announcement via his web page, Developer Rick Caruso is the last outstanding potential major candidate yet to make a decision. As we cut and paste Zev's statement below, we provide this link to a John Walsh post regarding possible behind-the-scene motives for Zev's decisions---Scott Johnson
Zev and wife Barbara from long ago.
 For many months, I’ve been wrestling with one of the most difficult decisions of my political life—whether to run for the office of Mayor of Los Angeles. I’ve been urged to enter next year’s race by friends, supporters and residents throughout the city. And I’ve been humbled and touched by the confidence they’ve placed in me. I’m a lifelong resident of Los Angeles, a city facing serious challenges and opportunities. I have no doubt that, with my expertise and experience, I could help transform L.A.’s fortunes. In the end, however, it is this very length of service that has tipped the scales for me. By the end of my current term on the Board of Supervisors in December, 2014, I will have served the people of the city and county of Los Angeles for nearly 40 eventful, productive and fulfilling years. Beginning as a 26 year-old councilman, I have quite literally come of age in public life at the forefront of Los Angeles’ most critical issues. While I have never been a supporter of term limits, I do believe that four decades is long enough for any citizen to hold elective office, especially in an executive capacity. So I’ve made the decision to complete my current term on the board and then move on to the other things I’ve longed to do outside the political arena while I have plenty of productive years ahead of me. Simply put, it’s time for a new generation of leaders to emerge and guide this region into the future. I want to thank the many people who have given me advice and encouragement during the period that I have weighed this decision. I deeply appreciate their patience and understanding. I also want to thank the voters who have elected me 11 times and given me the privilege of representing them. Above all, I’m eternally grateful to my family, which has encouraged me every step of the way while sacrificing so much. Now, with that said, let me be clear: I’m not finished yet. I have more work to do and very little time in which to complete it. My dedicated staff and I will give our all during the next 27 months to get the job done. I look forward to working with you toward that end. 

Hmmmm, what could of been??

Your thoughts ..............
Scott Johnson in CD 14         

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said:

Good Luck Zev and all the best!

August 24, 2012 2:59 PM  

Blogger g said:

I AGREE WITH ZEV IN REGARDS TO URBAN RENEWAL AND THE DENSITY BONUS. MUCH OF LA IS BUILT THE REAL POINT IS TO REPAIR OR RENEW OLD STRUCTURES TO KEEP A LIMITED FOOT PRINT AND NOT CREATE WALL TO WALL PEOPLE ON EVERY STREET. UNFORTUNATELY, ZEV ALSO SUPPORTED THE BOYCOTT OF ARIZONA A WASTE OF TIME AND OUR TAX DOLLARS TRYING TO INFLUENCE ANOTHER STATES RIGHTS AND POLICY. SO ZEV IS A MIXED BAG. GENERALLY HE WILL NOT BE A GREAT LOSS. WHEN YOU ADD THE PROS AND CONS. WE NEED PEOPLE WHO FOCUS ON OUR CITY BUSINESS AND LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE WHO ELECTED THEM. THEY MAY APPROVE OR MAKE CHANGES BUT IT SHOULD SERVE THE MAJORITY OF CITZENS WHO LIVE AND PAY FOR IT.

August 24, 2012 4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Advertisement

Advertisement