Mid-Day Briefs on the "non-CD 14" Los Angeles Political Scene for Thursday
The "Old Gray Hag on Spring Street" would love your thoughts on the soon to be ex. Cardinal of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Los Angeles.
And while the Times ask you to opine on Cardinal Mahony's legacy, here are some questions pertaining to his leadership of the Los Angeles Archdiocese for your commenting pleasure.
* Should have or will Los Angeles County District Attorney Steve Cooley indict Mahony for his role in Catholic Priest Sex Abuse Scandal?
* Will KABC Talk Radio Host Doug McIntyre regale listeners with a special "Cardinal Roger Corleone Mahony" segment as the Papal rep retires?
* Why did Cardinal Mahony take a hard line regarding unionization of cemetery workers?
* Was Cardinal Mahony's pro-active stance for immigration reform a protective front regarding the sex abuse scandal?
* Will Mayor Antonio Villar receive Communion and Confession rites for the Cardinal before his retirement?
More non CD 14 political news after the bloggin leap
** Old Gray Hag on Spring Street's longtime collectivist Sacramento Columnist George "Red" Skelton, sticks political finger in air and feels Wisconsin breeze. The backlash against exorbitant public pensions is blowing westward.
** The "Weekly of Record" continues its excellent City of LA election coverage. This week, can union money buy Forescee Hogan-Rowles a new job in CD 10, as newly-elected shill for DWP, unions, while leading us to bankruptcy? Will a Councilman Rick Goodman help his "lost generation" in CD 6? Its all versus Part-time Peace Officer Mitch Englander in CD 12. The numbers are the tale of the tape in CD 14 as the "Martinez y Huizzy" slugfest continues.
** The Griffith Park Wayist is the bloggin, errrr, CD 4 City Council Candidate Stephen Box outpost on the Los Angeles Political Scene.
** Your public libraries and recreation centers are ground zero as the City of Los Angeles nears its date with the financial abyss. but as the Weekly's Patrick Range McDonald reports, it takes alot of council and mayoral staffers to plan for this day,
Scott Johnson in CD 14