Whistleblower hotline: (213) 785-6098
mayorsam@mayorsam.org

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Warning To Our Readers: Sham Postings

By Walter Moore

I discovered to my dismay this morning that someone has figured out a way to post comments on this site using my name, so it looks as though I made a given comment, when in fact I did not.

The person used this ability, alas, not to post something clever or witty, but to post something patently offensive, in order to make it look as though I'm making comments I would never make. I assume he will continue to make sham postings using my name and perhaps the names of other bloggers.

So, unfortunately, this means that whenever you read a comment that was supposedly made by a named individual -- as opposed to an anonymous comment -- you may actually be reading a phony comment, i.e., a comment falsely attributed to me or someone else.

If any of you know of a way to stop this, please share it.

In the meantime, it does show how pathetic some people are: unable to put together cogent arguments for their position, they instead defame people they don't like through fraudulent, scurrilous postings.

Advertisement

Advertisement