Whistleblower hotline: (213) 785-6098
mayorsam@mayorsam.org

Sunday, December 19, 2004

Hahn Guaranteed Re-Election

HahnsWell Janice Hahn that is. When her only declared opponent, John Fer, failed to gather enough signatures to get on the ballot by Friday's deadline, she was given an early Christmas present, reports the Daily Breeze.

So now we have Mayor Sam off to his holiday shindig at his Arizona spread and City Hall near empty leading up to Christmas. I am sure the Sister City will be a little quiet, but don't worry, I'll be filling in for Mayor Sam with my ear to the ground.

To keep those of you home for the holidays busy until Christmas - what would you buy any of our mayoral candidates as a holiday gift?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said:

Good for Janice! She leads from her heart, and I like her.

As for presents, let's see....

For Alarcón, I would get him a lump of coal from a DWP power plant.

For Parks, I would get Bobbi something.

For Hertzberg, I would get him an application to be CLA when he is out of work in March.

For Villaraigosa, I would get him a new speechwriter.

For Hahn, I would get him a blow-up doll of Bratton, so he can be with him always.

December 20, 2004 8:19 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

I give credit for Janice for being one of the few elected pols standing up to the Board of Supervisors' removing the cross from the County Seal. Yes, she is standing up for her daddy's legacy, but she could have squished out.

As for your gifts...

Alarcon - an ice cream cone to help people pronounce his name (Hey at least people don't call him Richard Alatorre anymore).

Bitter Bernie - some sugar

Villaraigosa - some MEAT

Hertzberg - a teddy bear to hug

Hahn - a free membership to Hot Jobs

December 20, 2004 8:34 AM  

Anonymous Anonymous said:

Good for Janice. She is one of the few council members who doesn't always vote with the pack because it's popular. She was one of the strongers supporters of neighborhood councils.
Gifts:
Hahn I would give a big thank you for Bratton
Alaracon would get some coin change so his bright idea of charging people coming into LA fails and he can remember what a lame idea it was
Hertzberg I would give a gift certificate to Emily Post etiquette school classes
Parks I would give a Bible so he could possibly learn how to get rid of his bitterness and vindictivess. Also a book by Tony Robbins on how to be a real leader
Tony I would give a new staff.

December 20, 2004 8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Advertisement

Advertisement