Whistleblower hotline: (213) 785-6098
mayorsam@mayorsam.org

Wednesday, February 22, 2023

One LA Politician's Request

By Daniel Guss
@TheGussReport - Last week, I had productive dialogues with several Los Angeles politicians.  My rule for engaging is simple: conversation or respond directly to emailed questions.  I don't accept prepared statements from their media personnel because they are a dodge that answers questions that aren't posed rather than those that are.
One of those dialogues took place as I made my way to the scene of yet another random sidewalk death, this one in still-un-represented Van Nuys, thanks to the resignation of Nury Martinez, LA's irrefutably racist former City Council president.
Except the politician didn't address any of the questions I emailed.
Instead, while offering validation for my recent columns, the politician expressed a wish that I would also, "recognize in your writing some of our work and efforts in the district."
Easier said than done.
To find out why, head on over to my Substack and sign-up for the free newsletter.  And don't forget to follow me on the Twitters @TheGussReport.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Advertisement

Advertisement