"Wizard of Westwood", October 14, 1910 - June 4, 2010
Wooden, who's legend on the basketball court, is surpassed by his success, as an "mentor of character". The lifes skills that Wooden taught and were the basis for his "Pyramid of Sucess",
grew out of his father Joshua's "Seven Point Creed", which we highlight below.
1. Be true to yourself.
2. Make each day your masterpiece.
3. Help others.
4. Drink deeply from good books, especially the Bible.
5. Make friendship a fine art.
6. Build a shelter against a rainy day.
7. Pray for guidance and give thanks for your blessings every day.
Truly, we were bless as a city to have John Wooden, as a civic role model and facilitator.
Our prayers and thanks to the Wooden Family, for his positive contributions to our civic character.
Scott Johnson in CD 14
Labels: John Wooden